Thursday, May 06, 2010

Graduate Katie

Having made each of my sister's sit through a graduation ceremony for me, it was my turn this week to return the favour. I met Mum, and our gowned graduate, outside Her Majesty's Theatre, as the bag pipes played, and people and graduates of the University of Ballarat shuffled in.

The youngest and final Reid girl to graduate, Katie has completed the achievement, after a few hiccups, and we are very proud of her. She has completed her Bachelor of Visual Arts, in Graphic Design/Multimedia, after loads of toil, sweat and tears, and late nights.

From Ph.Ds to Certificates, the ceremony awarded each student the piece of paper they had been striving for. Katie's little course group were right in the middle. The day was really a tribute to the students, and to this regional university, who claim to be one of the oldest institutes in Australia. I am also part of the alumni, for my Honours year.

I have finally received my MICD testamur by the looks of the card in the letter box this afternoon, after sorting out a library fine.

Congratulations Katrina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...